Fast facts on the liver :
- The liver is classed as a gland.
- This vital organ carries out more than 500 roles in the human body.
- It is the only organ that can regenerate.
- The liver is the largest solid organ in the body.
- Alcohol abuse is one of the major causes of liver problems in the industrialized world.
Importance of liver :
The liver serves a variety of functions, including:
The sign and symptoms of liver problem
Liver disease doesn't always cause noticeable signs and symptoms. If signs and symptoms of liver disease do occur, they may include:
- Skin and eyes that appear yellowish (jaundice)
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Swelling in the legs and ankles
- Itchy skin
- Dark urine color
- Nausea or vomiting
What are some common of liver problem?
1) Fatty liver
Fat buildup in the liver can lead to the fatty liver disease.
There are two types of fatty liver disease:
- Alcoholic fatty liver disease, which is caused by heavy alcohol consumption
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, which is caused by other external factors.
Hepatitis is a viral infection of your liver. It causes inflammation and liver damage making it difficult for your liver to function as it should.
Cirrhosis of the liver describes a condition of scarring in the liver that is not reversible and may lead to liver failure.
Alcohol abuse causes cirrhosis of the liver and is the most common cause of liver disease in North America.
1) Lifestyle changes
►Limiting alcohol intake
►Maintaining a healthy weight
► Have a good and deep sleep ( 7 to 8 hours daily)
►Drinking more water
►Adopting a liver-friendly diet that includes plenty of fiber while reducing fat ( processed foods), sugar ( coffee), and salt ( crackers, poultry)
But maintaining a good lifestyle changes alone is not enough. We need nutrients in orfder to help liver to function more effectively.
As we know, Liver is largest organ in our body. Most of the time it have to work harder in order to detox all the toxins into waste product.
So, at the end, our liver will become burder and more heaty because it does not get proper rest and overwork.
It will give the effect of cooling to the liver and our overall body.
For more information, do feel free to contact us at our Customer Service: +6011 5657 3807